Saturday, October 18, 2008

Obama slams Fox News

In a recent article by the NY Times Magazine Barack Obama was commenting on the close race between McCain and himself. I was amazed to read this quote;

“I am convinced that if there were no Fox News, I might be two or three points higher in the polls. If I were watching Fox News, I wouldn’t vote for me, right? Because the way I’m portrayed 24/7 is as a freak! I am the latte-sipping, New York Times-reading, Volvo-driving, no-gun-owning, effete, politically correct, arrogant liberal. Who wants somebody like that? "

I find this statement extremely arrogant! Obama expects that Fox News should be peeing themselves over him the way all the others have. According to him there should be no other point of view....just like reporting is done in China maybe? Fox doesn't portray him in the way he wants us to believe.

In September Obama had the opportunity to be interviewed by Bill O'Reilly. It was a three part interview in which Obama insisted part one be aired on September 4, the same night as McCain was due to accept the nomination for the Republican Presidential ticket. Mr. O'Reilly treated him fairly and asked honest questions. Obama was not portrayed as any freak.

There is an ongoing joke going around in media circles referring to Obama as the Messiah. This is because most of those in the media are so taken with him. They adore and idolize him. I am happy to say that Fox News has not fallen under his spell. I can watch a story covering either McCain or Obama on CNN, and then watch those same events on Fox News. I often wonder if those were really the same events. Fox News serves to balance the story out. If all I had to watch or listen to were CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, or read NY Times, Washington Post, I would be calling Obama the Messiah as well.

We can all thank the real Messiah for Fox News!

Mr. Obama, did you ever stop to think that if the other outlets reported fairly you wouldn't even be a blip in the polls? You're only as far as you are because most of the media portray you as the messiah and are pushing you along!

This country needs more media outlets like Fox News.

NY Times article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/19/magazine/19obama-t.html?pagewanted=10&_r=1&ref=magazine

No comments: